Our luxury lakeside accommodation in Taupo offers only the best in facilities and amenities. Nestled on the absolute lakefront edge, Wharewaka Lodge provides luxurious lodgings, with views over the glistening lake waters. With a strong sustainable tourism business model, your hosts Susan and Tony look forward to welcoming you into their home.
Guest Room Facilities
Each luxurious ensuite guest room includes:
- Fridge with tea/coffee facilities
- Private balcony
- Complimentary wines, beer, organic juices, specialty teas, filter coffee, and mineral water.
- Tiled ensuite bathroom – Bathrooms include separate shower and bath, hair dryer, herbal toiletries, heated floor and heated towel rails.
- Cotton bed linen
- Central heating
- Double glazing
- Sitting area with desk
- Fresh flowers
- Breakfast indoors or alfresco – Breakfasts are generous and healthy, with a fresh fruit platter, cereals, freshly squeezed juices and several cooked options, whole meal toast or croissants with tea or freshly ground coffee.
Additional facilities at our Taupo lodge include:
- Guest elevator to queen bedroom
- Living room with open fireplace and Sky TV
- Laundry facilities
- Fax and wireless broadband
- Courtesy passenger transfer
- Off-street parking
We have bicycles and two kayaks for guests’ use, to enjoy the lovely sheltered bay and walking and cycling track at the bottom of the garden.
There is a comfy living room where guests can relax beside an open wood fire with complimentary wines and hors d´oeuvres each evening, and a terrace directly on to the lakeside or our sheltered private courtyard.
Wharewaka Lodge is a strictly non-smoking establishment.